Changing a Refrigerator Liquid Supply Valve. So how exactly does a water supply valve work?
- Buying A Bride
- No Comments on Changing a Refrigerator Liquid Supply Valve. So how exactly does a water supply valve work?
- Posted on
A water supply valve is required to control the water coming into the appliance if your refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser feature, or even just an installed ice maker. The supply valve is generally situated during the bottom rear associated with fridge behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply usually travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve can be a component that is electrically-control inlet and socket water ports and something or even more solenoids.
When signaled with a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will open to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water with a water that is optional to your dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. In the long run, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can develop when you look at the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer unable to create ice and restricted, or no, water taken from the dispenser once the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves can not be effortlessly cleaned or fixed, a malfunctioning valve should be changed with a brand new one.
Just how to change a defective water supply valve
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut from the water supply towards the ice box.
- Pull the ice box away from the wall.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the reduced access panel that is rear. Take note, you may have to detach the copper tubing or incoming water line through the inlet valve slot before you completely eliminate the panel.
- Detach the incoming water line through the water supply valve inlet slot when you havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to discharge water supply valve mounting plate or bracket through the fridge frame.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the solenoid terminals.
- Then depress the retaining rings to detach the outlet hose or hoses from the valve ports if applicable, slide out any locking clips. Be ready for some water to spill.
- If required, get rid of the old water supply valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the brand new water supply valve by aligning it from the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Completely place the hose or hoses in to the socket ports and, if needed, Click Here fall in the locking clip or clips to secure.
- Connect the cable connecter or connecter into the solenoid terminals.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket regarding the ice box frame and thread the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it aided by the screws.
- Attach the incoming water line to your valveвЂ™s inlet slot. In the event that water has been supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut on the inlet slot then make use of a wrench to tighten up. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Go the fridge straight back up against the wall surface.
- Turn water supply right right back on.
- Plug the power that is refrigeratorвЂ™s back in.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to ensure the brand new supply valve is working correctly and there aren’t any leakages.
Discover the right water supply valve with Repair Clinic
Since water supply valves will change with regards to the fridge model, it is crucial to spot the precise valve that fits your ice box. For this, enter the complete model amount of the applying in the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the part category filter in the remaining region of the web web page to get the part that is matching. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the name that is top fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll want to make sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.